Pronunciation: /ˌintərˈlā /(past and past participle interlaid) [with object]
- Lay between or among; interpose: strips of granite are interlaid with creamy Sardinian sardMore example sentences
- The song lays out a physical funk beat, interlaying a richly harmonized chorus with Pharrell Williams' saucy rap.
- The room was an upstairs room with a floor of beaten earth, laid on beams of wood interlaid with matting.
- There before me was a color photograph of stacks of money interlaid with gold bars and Treasury Certificates.
Pronunciation: /ˈintərˌlā /Back to top
More definitions of interlayDefinition of interlay in:
- The British & World English dictionary