Definition of interlinear in English:
1Written or printed between the lines of a text: interlinear glosses
More example sentences
- Each includes the Iban text version, with interlinear glosses, and English translations, supplemented by occasional passages contextualizing the songs.
- Micro-typography deals with letters, the relationship between letter spacing and words, word spacing, lines, interlinear spacing, columns, punctuation, and so forth.
- We give the Greek text, with an interlinear translation as literal as may be to be useful.
1.1(Of a book) having the same text in different languages printed on alternate lines.
- For example, there are interlinear translations into Turkish, Spanish, and Polish - all written in Arabic script.
- For instance, in New Testament research it offers the possibility of transforming the Greek text into an interlinear text with grammatical tags, the lexical form of the word, and a word by word English translation all aligned for interlinear analysis, followed by various translations of the text into English or other languages.