Definition of interlinear in English:
1Written or printed between the lines of a text: interlinear glosses
More example sentences
- Each includes the Iban text version, with interlinear glosses, and English translations, supplemented by occasional passages contextualizing the songs.
- Micro-typography deals with letters, the relationship between letter spacing and words, word spacing, lines, interlinear spacing, columns, punctuation, and so forth.
- We give the Greek text, with an interlinear translation as literal as may be to be useful.
1.1(Of a book) having the same text in different languages printed on alternate lines.
- For example, there are interlinear translations into Turkish, Spanish, and Polish - all written in Arabic script.
- For instance, in New Testament research it offers the possibility of transforming the Greek text into an interlinear text with grammatical tags, the lexical form of the word, and a word by word English translation all aligned for interlinear analysis, followed by various translations of the text into English or other languages.
Words that rhyme with interlinearAbyssinia, Bithynia, curvilinear, Gdynia, gloxinia, Lavinia, linear, rectilinear, Sardinia, triclinia, Virginia, zinnia
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.