Definition of interlingua in English:
1An artificial language, devised for machine translation, that makes explicit the distinctions necessary for successful translation into a target language even where they are not present in the source language.
- Ideas about interlinguas are intimately tied up with ideas about the representation of meaning.
- Two clearly different understandings of interlinguas were evident at the pre-workshop.
- IL2, which is in its design stage, is intended to be an interlingua, albeit a relatively simple one.
1.1 (Interlingua) An artificial international language formed of elements common to the Romance languages, designed primarily for scientific and technical use.
- As we speak, Esperanto is being corrupted by upstart languages such as Interlingua, Klingon, Java & various cryptophasic tongues.
- In this blog, I intend to write about languages, to translate news about languages into Interlingua, and to talk about various other things that seem interesting to me.
- The orthography of Interlingua is based on the 26 letters of the Roman alphabet with no diacritical or accent marks.
Definition of interlingua in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia