Pronunciation: /ˌintərˈläk /[no object]
- (Of two or more things) engage with each other by overlapping or by the fitting together of projections and recesses: their fingers interlockedMore example sentences
- The two swords interlocked with each other, creating a double-edged blade.
- Her uncle looked at his little niece, her face flashing orange and green and her fingers interlocking in awkwardness.
- Their fingers interlocked lovingly as he stared into her eyes.
Pronunciation: /ˈintərˌläk /Back to top
- 1A device or mechanism for connecting or coordinating the function of different components.More example sentences
- We couldn't do this to both engines because a mechanical interlock prevents moving both condition levers to feather.
- The bladder is blow molded over the frame with mechanical interlocks, formed in the molding process, holding the structure together.
- These dumbwaiters are designed much like a standard elevator, with built-in safety brakes and safety interlocks that prevent operation if any door is open.
- 2 (also interlock fabric) A fabric knitted with closely interlocking stitches that allow it to stretch, typically used in underwear.More example sentences
- Made of 100% combed cotton interlock fabric, it has cap sleeves and a round neck.
- For lettucing or ruffling, choose a fabric that has crosswise stretch, such as a cotton/spandex blend, cotton interlock or ribbing.
- Is it possible to dye cotton interlock successfully?