- An organism that supports the immature or nonreproductive forms of a parasite. Compare with definitive host.More example sentences
- This is because snails are the intermediate host to the parasite, which is released into shallow water, and then infects ducks and people.
- That the mosquito was the intermediate host of the filarial parasite was a momentous discovery in 1877.
- Their life cycles depend on domesticated cattle and swine as intermediate hosts.
More definitions of intermediate hostDefinition of intermediate host in:
- The British & World English dictionary