- A person who is confined as a prisoner, especially for political or military reasons.More example sentences
- During the war, there were six efforts by internees or prisoners to exercise the writ of habeas corpus in the federal district court in Honolulu.
- The Detaining Power will reimburse the Accepting Power for the costs involved in maintaining prisoners of war, civilian internees, and civilian detainees transferred pursuant to this arrangement.
- The condition is unfair and discriminates against civilians, as it does not apply to military internees.
More definitions of interneeDefinition of internee in:
- The British & World English dictionary