- The resting phase between successive mitotic divisions of a cell, or between the first and second divisions of meiosis.More example sentences
- Radiobiologists often distinguish between radiation-induced cell death with regard to the ability to enter mitosis, i.e. interphase or mitotic cell death.
- Two pairs of loci were observed in each somatic cell at metaphase and interphase.
- In animal cells during mitosis and interphase, microtubule growth occurs at plus ends, and microtubule assembly is dominated by plus-end dynamic instability.
More definitions of interphaseDefinition of interphase in:
- The British & World English dictionary