verb[with object] (usually be interplanted)
- 1Plant (a crop or plant) together with another crop or plant.More example sentences
- A few ‘Chinese Daikon’ or ‘Snow Belle’ radishes work well as a flea beetle catch-crop when interplanted with cole crops.
- Participating families could interplant agricultural crops on the land until the trees were firmly established.
- That's why gardeners interplant Oriental poppies with concealing companions such as baby's breath, catmint, globe thistle, Heliopsis, purple coneflower, and Russian sage.
More definitions of interplantDefinition of interplant in:
- The British & World English dictionary