Definition of interspecific in English:
Existing or occurring between different species: interspecific differences
More example sentences
- When fed mixed leaves of the four species, the interspecific difference was very significant.
- It also provides the first evidence for an interspecific association between two ectoparasite species.
- Overlap in habitat is a prerequisite for interspecific competition to occur between these species.
- Example sentences
- For example, a previous comparative study revealed that intersexual differences in song are associated interspecifically, with intersexual differences in the size of specific song nuclei.
- Due to the observed differences in morphology, some of the details of these interspecifically variable characters were not included in the generic diagnosis given above.
- This is demonstrated by the negative correlations between antipredation behavior and antipredation related morphology in snails, intraspecifically and interspecifically.
Definition of interspecific in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan