Definition of interstate in English:
1Existing or carried on between states: interstate travel
More example sentences
- There's a novel idea, relocate some of the existing interstate clubs to Victoria, and I might get to see some finals action within 500 km of my home.
- Because of the distances involved, and the changes in railway gauges between the states, some 80-90% of Australian interstate trade was carried by sea.
- Reed defines them both as ‘professionals’ in the sense that they made a living primarily from carrying on interstate trade by sea for a significant period of their lives.
noun(also interstate highway) Back to top
One of a system of expressways covering the 48 contiguous states: a picnic area just off the interstate Interstate 65 runs generally parallel to Route 31
More example sentences
- It seemed like it took forever to get those highways, those interstates, those major expressways, all the lanes moving in one direction, away from Houston so that people could move at a much faster pace.
- First, while remembering that there are no freeways, highways, turnpikes or interstates, estimate the time you think it should take, keeping in mind getting-lost time.
- Driving too slowly can be just as dangerous as speeding, especially when entering or exiting interstates or freeways.
Words that rhyme with interstateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
Definition of interstate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India