- 1Existing or occurring between different tribes: intertribal conflictMore example sentences
- When I started as governor, Gaul tribes had begun a dangerous practice of requesting German help with their intertribal conflicts.
- Without Western support, such countries as Somalia and Zaire descended into chaos and intertribal conflict, often with horrendous loss of life.
- Competition in trading led to intertribal conflict.
- 1.1Involving members of more than one tribe: an intertribal groupMore example sentences
- For this reason, Luo intertribal marriage is most likely to occur with members from neighboring Baluya societies, which are Bantu.
- In this way, each of the tribes offered its own training specialty through an intertribal network of smoke-signal creators.
- Dance will be a major part of the powwow, with several rounds of exhibition and intertribal dancing - and lots of audience participation - on both days.
More definitions of intertribalDefinition of intertribal in:
- The British & World English dictionary