- A nonportable instrument for measuring the alcohol content of a person’s breath, especially in cases of suspected drunk driving, usually sited at a police station.More example sentences
- He was arrested and at Cheltenham Police station he gave a breath alcohol sample on the intoximeter which produced a reading of 87 micrograms of alcohol per 100 ml of breath.
- There was no independent analysis of a breath sample taken by an intoximeter, and as such the read-out was ‘irrebuttable’.
- The judge's concern related to the absence of an independent means of verification of the intoximeter.
More definitions of intoximeterDefinition of intoximeter in:
- The British & World English dictionary