Definition of intracellular in English:
Located or occurring within a cell or cells: an increase in intracellular calcium
More example sentences
- In intact cells the probe was trapped both inside intracellular organelles and the cytoplasm.
- Lysosomes are intracellular organelles that specialize in breaking down cellular waste.
- This process leads to cell lysis and the loss of intracellular contents necessary for cell survival.
- Example sentences
- Steroid and thyroid hormones are hydrophobic and diffuse from their binding proteins in the plasma, across the plasma membrane to intracellularly localized receptors.
- However, the majority of ABA metabolites were not detected intracellularly, but rather were present in media.
- DNA is comparatively stable within cells, and DNA viruses may be more likely to persist than RNA viruses, which have to contend with ribonucleases, which are abundant both intracellularly and extracellularly.
Definition of intracellular in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan