Situated or taking place within, or administered into, a muscle: an intramuscular injection
More example sentences
- The intramuscular vaccine should be administered in the deltoid muscle and can be administered with other vaccines.
- The interferon is given via subcutaneous, intramuscular or intravenous route.
- Among hospitals giving intramuscular injections to term neonates, no differences were noted on the basis of infant feeding practices.
- More example sentences
- Level II defines more complex procedures in which perioperative medication and sedation are used intravenously, intramuscularly, or rectally.
- These vaccines are inactivated and should be administered intramuscularly into the deltoid muscle.
- It is widely known that patients with coagulation disorders should be given parenteral vaccines by the deep subcutaneous route and not intramuscularly because of the risk of bleeding.