Definition of intrathecal in English:
Occurring within or administered into the spinal theca: intrathecal injection
More example sentences
- Cerebrospinal fluid was obtained from the lumbar spinal taps or the intrathecal catheter.
- Administration of an intrathecal opioid injection before continuous epidural infusion is known as combined spinal epidural analgesia, or the walking epidural.
- The cerebrospinal analysis shows that the protein was elevated after placing in the intrathecal catheter and administration of chemotherapy.
- Example sentences
- Administration of intravenous therapy is associated with considerable risk for example, patients have died when cytotoxic drugs have been given intrathecally instead of intravenously.
- The numerous instances in England where doctors have injected vincristine intrathecally, not intravenously, underline this.
- Approved for oral and intramuscular use, it also is used rectally, intravenously, subcutaneously, epidurally, and intrathecally.
Definition of intrathecal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan