- 1Of, denoting, or typical of an introvert.More example sentences
- At school age they become cautious, quiet and introverted.
- For example, in any group of people some may be reserved and introverted, while others may be extremely boisterous and extroverted.
- An introverted infant will remain introverted for life, suggests recent research.
- 1.1(Of a community, company, or other group) concerned principally with its own affairs; inward-looking or parochial.More example sentences
- Think of how grey, introverted, small-minded and parochial Scotland can sometimes be.
- Sectionalism and the Civil War exacerbated these conditions, giving rise to xenophobia and a more introverted society.
- Much of the time the different communities lived in introverted quarters, clustered around a mosque, a church or a synagogue.