Definition of intuit in English:
Understand or work out by instinct: I intuited his real identity
More example sentences
- But I've never, ever learned to intuit Celsius as a way to express temperature.
- Somehow they have intuited the existence of a Threat, and instinctively grasped the need to meet it.
- Clairvoyance, the alleged psychic power of perceiving or intuiting the existence and character of distant states of affairs without the aid of any sensory input, remains the subject of considerable scientific controversy.
late 18th century (in the sense 'instruct, teach'): from Latin intuit- 'contemplated', from the verb intueri, from in- 'upon' + tueri 'to look'.
- Example sentences
- In this way, the horizon of objectivity, in so far as substance belongs to it as a constitutive element, becomes a priori intuitable.
Definition of intuit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan