- another term for quotation mark.More example sentences
- These are the author's italics, brackets, inverted commas, and the author's absurdly pretentious diction.
- Inhabiting the treacherous world that lies between literary criticism and psychoanalysis, Phillips is someone for whom reality can never appear in print without being modestly clothed in inverted commas.
- Clara used her fingers to suggest inverted commas.
More definitions of inverted commaDefinition of inverted comma in:
- The British & World English dictionary