- A compound of iodine with another element or group, especially a salt of the anion I−.More example sentences
- About two-thirds of all iodine and iodides produced are used to kill disease-causing organisms, either in sanitation systems or in the manufacture of various antiseptics and drugs.
- The cell possesses an iodide ‘pump’ which enables it to accumulate iodide internally, so that it can achieve a concentration twenty to a hundred-fold higher than that in the circulating blood.
- The most common ingredients prescribed were iodides, organic nitrites, stramonium, belladonna, atropine, hyoscyamus, tobacco smoke, and menthol.
More definitions of iodideDefinition of iodide in:
- The British & World English dictionary