Definition of iodometry in English:
The quantitative analysis of a solution of an oxidizing agent by adding an iodide that reacts to form iodine, which is then titrated.
- The excess acid is determined by iodometry.
- Applying this method to the absorptiometry, higher sensitive determination than titration method (iodometry) have been carried out.
- Example sentences
- All negative strains that appeared oxacillin resistant by phenotypic methods were tested for production of beta-lactamase by iodometric method.
- The iodine content of salt collected from households was tested by iodometric titration.
- The salt samples were kept at room temperature in the laboratory and iodine content was measured within a week following the iodometric titration method.
Definition of iodometry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.