- An instrument for detecting ionizing radiation.More example sentences
- Ionization smoke detectors detect the presence of smoke using an ionization chamber and a source of ionizing radiation.
- There are five major parts to a mass spectrometer: the inlet, the ionization chamber, the mass analyzer, the detector, and the electronic readout device.
- For data analysis the diffraction patterns were corrected for uneven detector response and normalized to the ionization chamber, i.e., to the intensity of the incoming beam.
More definitions of ionization chamberDefinition of ionization chamber in:
- The British & World English dictionary