- Radiation consisting of particles, X-rays, or gamma rays with sufficient energy to cause ionization in the medium through which it passes.More example sentences
- This process is called ionization, and this capability had led to gamma radiation being termed ionizing radiation.
- This energy is often in the form of ionizing radiation like x-rays or gamma rays.
- This produces positively charged ions and so these forms of radiation are known as ionizing radiation.
More definitions of ionizing radiationDefinition of ionizing radiation in:
- The British & World English dictionary