- (In historical contexts) an instrument of torture consisting of a coffin-shaped box lined with iron spikes.More example sentences
- They had an iron maiden, a rack, and men and woman's chastity belts.
- I always thought torture was bamboo shoots under the fingernails and iron maidens and such.
- She enticed local girls to her castle, where she hung them in metal cages and stuffed them into iron maidens.
More definitions of iron maidenDefinition of iron maiden in:
- The British & World English dictionary