Definition of ironbark in English:
An Australian eucalyptus tree with thick, solid bark and hard, dense, durable timber.
- Genus Eucalyptus, family Myrtaceae: several species
- I drive up the Parade and daily I am made happy by the row of mighty ironbarks on its median strip.
- Most people know about the famous Mediterranean herbs such as basil and oregano, but Peter's passion is to introduce people to Australian herbs such as lemon ironbark and bolwarra.
- The piles were tarred ironbark and the beams were kauri with iron brackets to brace them.
Words that rhyme with ironbarkOffenbach • oligarch
Definition of ironbark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.