Impossible to cure or put right.
- The harm caused by homicide is absolutely irremediable, whereas the harm caused by many other crimes is remediable to a degree.
- The extinction of animals and plant species and the depletion of non-renewable resources are irremediable crimes.
- If they doubt that, their doubt is irremediable.
- Example sentences
- But it is irremediably confused and confusing.
- Others say that real art there was impossible, that it was irremediably contaminated by the propagandistic powers of socialism.
- ICON is a word that has irremediably lost its original meaning.
Late Middle English: from Latin irremediabilis, from in- 'not' + remediabilis 'curable' (from remedium 'remedy').
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.