Definition of irreversible in English:
Not able to be undone or altered: she suffered irreversible damage to her health
More example sentences
- Its repeal is a matter of urgency before irreversible damage is done to the energy market, the economy as a whole and to democracy itself.
- The future effects are unknown, but drug experts fear they may include irreversible brain damage or mental illness.
- And though it looks attractive, it causes irreversible liver damage to horses and cattle which eat it.
- Example sentences
- The young represent the irreversibility of time; they pose a standing threat of innovation and change.
- I have shown that irreversibility can then lead to structure, to self-organization.
- Bulgaria will always need a partnership that is to a degree a guarantee for the normal flow of processes and their irreversibility.
Words that rhyme with irreversiblecoercible, reversible, submersible
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.