- A widespread condition involving recurrent abdominal pain and diarrhea or constipation, often associated with stress, depression, anxiety, or previous intestinal infection.More example sentences
- Stress can worsen symptoms of conditions such as peptic ulcer, irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis.
- Similarly, do many of the patients thought to have irritable bowel syndrome actually have celiac disease?
- Sometimes, gas indicates a digestive disorder such as irritable bowel syndrome or celiac disease.
More definitions of irritable bowel syndromeDefinition of irritable bowel syndrome in:
- The British & World English dictionary