- Showing or feeling slight anger; annoyed: the irritated look on Alec’s faceMore example sentences
- This will help loosen respiratory secretions and soothe irritated lungs and breathing passages.
- An irritated stomach lining can cause pain, nausea or heartburn.
- A water mist is continuously sprayed into the tent to provide humidification to soothe the baby's irritated airway.
- More example sentences
- The bland trade journal irritatedly dismissed the book as ‘a weirdly out-of-touch bid for personal attention.’
- Katie said irritatedly, ‘Well, at least keep the noises down.’
- ‘That's not the point,’ Tori interrupted irritatedly.