- 1Causing annoyance, impatience, or mild anger: an irritating childMore example sentences
- She looked at him, casting him an irritating, exasperated look.
- Imagine if that irritating receptionist didn't bother to smile as she told you everything you want is absolutely out of the question.
- But they have, all of them, one particularly irritating little habit.
- 2Causing irritation to a body part: the substance may be irritating to eyes and skinMore example sentences
- I am suffering from a urinary tract infection, which has subsequently resulted in an irritating rash on my face and body.
- The hawking is very irritating to the inflamed throat and is often the reason the symptoms persist.
- Alcohol can also make the stomach more sensitive to the irritating effect of aspirin.
- More example sentences
- Anyway, I feel that nothing but damage has been done to the protesters' cause by the ubiquity of this irritatingly smug individual.
- The fight scenes were incoherent, shot in that irritatingly choppy style which leaves you with little idea of what's going on.
- Most irritatingly, she concludes each chapter or section with bullet points, in heavy print.