- A line on a diagram or map connecting points relating to the same time or equal times.More example sentences
- Age of movement has been deduced from Rb-Sr mineral isochrons.
- An isochron defined by only two rutile points yields an age of 384 + / - 4 Ma.
- Steve Austin describes the three methods of radioactive dating: 1) the model age, 2) the whole rock isochron, and 3) the mineral isochron.
late 17th century (as an adjective in the sense 'isochronous'): from Greek isokhronos, from isos 'equal' + khronos 'time'.
More definitions of isochronDefinition of isochron in:
- The British & World English dictionary