- Denoting a fold of strata so acute that the two limbs are parallel.More example sentences
- Large tight or isoclinal folds with limbs several tens of metres long occur locally.
- However, quarry outcrops of mainly white halitic mylonites display isoclinal folds that suggest a more impressive past.
- These isoclinal folds deform ‘early’ domains which record a pre-Main Central Thrust compositional banding.
More definitions of isoclinalDefinition of isoclinal in:
- The British & World English dictionary