- A line on a map connecting points having equal incidence of a specified meteorological feature.More example sentences
- The profiles could result from garnet growth parallel to Fe-Mg isopleths.
- Illustration of instantaneous irradiance or cumulative radiant exposure is achieved using a false-color rendering-mapping light intensity to color-creating irradiance or exposure isopleths.
- The scene observed in false color illustrates the incident light pattern so explicitly as to delineate irradiance isopleths.
early 20th century: from Greek isoplēthēs 'equal in quantity', from isos 'equal' + plēthos 'multitude, quantity'.
More definitions of isoplethDefinition of isopleth in:
- The British & World English dictionary