- Having the same osmotic pressure.More example sentences
- This led us to the hypothesis that terrestrial crabs have the option of directing isosmotic urine to organs that, unlike the antennal gland, are capable of producing strong gradients.
- Desert gopher tortoises also store dilute urine that buffers evaporative loss and allows them to hold blood osmotic concentration constant, at least until bladder contents become isosmotic with blood.
- Control experiments confirmed that no volume change occurred following perfusion of cells with isosmotic media.
More definitions of isosmoticDefinition of isosmotic in:
- The British & World English dictionary