Definition of iteration in English:
1The repetition of a process or utterance.
- The most dramatic iteration came on the floor of the Senate, when he made it the centerpiece of a carefully prepared 20-minute oration.
- If I may repeat my iteration from an earlier post.
- Write a program for policy iteration and re-solve Jack's car rental problem with the following changes.
1.1Repetition of a mathematical or computational procedure applied to the result of a previous application, typically as a means of obtaining successively closer approximations to the solution of a problem.
- This factor analysis was based on the combined normative samples using principal factoring with iteration plus orthogonal rotation.
- Convergence is declared when the relative change in likelihood between successive iterations is less than a user-defined threshold.
- In successive iterations, the depth of the model also increases.
1.2A new version of a piece of computer hardware or software.
- By contrast, a traditional microprocessor would have had to run many iterations of the software to come up with the answer.
- Frequently there are a number of iterations, and the development cycle is lengthened and deadlines missed.
- We also rebooted between test iterations to clear out disk and memory caches.
Definition of iteration in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan