Definition of iterative in English:
1Relating to or involving iteration, especially of a mathematical or computational process.
- This book is the result of an iterative process of consulting with experts in the field of computer and network security.
- An iterative best-fit curve computational program is used to determine k.
- In fact, the development process was based on iterative development and improvement of source code.
- Example sentences
- We use a Markovian approach to calculate the probabilities of identity by descent iteratively from one generation to the next, assuming an infinite allele model.
- This process was repeated iteratively, one tree - length step at a time, until the consensus result did not support the given phylogenetic hypothesis suggested by the EMPT
- Okay, you will now program it iteratively, not recursively.
Pronunciation: /ˈidəˌrādivlē/ /ˈid(ə)rədivlē/adverb
Definition of iterative in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan