- 1Covered in ivy: an ivied churchMore example sentences
- The magical, ivied old manse on mature parkland would have made a perfect setting - tranquil, atmospheric and dignified.
- The Coliseum's ultratraditional ivied mass of concrete and stone is a handsome landmark five years older than City Hall.
- On a fair hill we see a majestic pile, the ivied walls and towers of Cholmondeley Castle, huge relic and witness of the baronial grandeurs of the Middle Ages.
- 1.1US Of or relating to the academic institutions of the Ivy League: the ivied eastern schools and collegesMore example sentences
- Or will they simply be bypassed and rendered obsolete by new, low-capital, hi-tech organizations built up by people without a vested interest in the real-world ivied halls of academia?
- At one point during the day, two men from one of the more densely ivied colleges strolled by the Rowing Association's food tent.
- Behind the ivied walls, the more intellectually prestigious schools are making some pernicious compromises.
More definitions of iviedDefinition of ivied in:
- The British & World English dictionary