Definition of ixia in English:
A South African plant of the iris family that bears showy six-petaled starlike flowers on tall wiry stems and has sword-shaped leaves.
- Genus Ixia, family Iridaceae: and many cultivars
- Bulbs native to Mediterranean and other climates [include] babiana, sparaxis, tritonia, watsonia, bearded iris, ixia, Oxalis purpurea, Scilla Peruviana, freesias, the small alliums, etc.
- Finally, fynbos includes more than 1 500 species of bulbs or geophytes, many of which have been developed worldwide as valuable horticultural plants, e.g., freesias, agapanthus, gladioli, and ixias.
- Ixias have flat one inch to one and one-half inch flowers on top of wiry 10 to 15-inch stems.
Words that rhyme with ixiaasphyxia, elixir
Definition of ixia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.