Definition of ixia in English:
A South African plant of the iris family that bears showy six-petaled starlike flowers on tall wiry stems and has sword-shaped leaves.
- Genus Ixia, family Iridaceae: and many cultivars
- Bulbs native to Mediterranean and other climates [include] babiana, sparaxis, tritonia, watsonia, bearded iris, ixia, Oxalis purpurea, Scilla Peruviana, freesias, the small alliums, etc.
- Finally, fynbos includes more than 1 500 species of bulbs or geophytes, many of which have been developed worldwide as valuable horticultural plants, e.g., freesias, agapanthus, gladioli, and ixias.
- Ixias have flat one inch to one and one-half inch flowers on top of wiry 10 to 15-inch stems.
Words that rhyme with ixiaasphyxia, elixir
Definition of ixia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan