- (In the Pyrenees) a chamois.More example sentences
- The eagles were special, the livestock more ordinary but there was also the marmots the izards and the lizards.
- The typical flora and Pyrenean fauna make for a special place: pine forests, heather moors and humid areas provide the ideal habitat for grouses, crossbills, izards and hares.
- A little further away, in the Catalan Pyrenees, you can spot deer, brown bears and izards on hiking trails in summer or enjoy cross-country skiing as soon as it snows.
late 18th century: from French isard or Gascon isart, of unknown origin.
More definitions of izardDefinition of izard in:
- The British & World English dictionary