Definition of jack pine in English:
A small, hardy North American pine with very short needles, found chiefly in Canada.
- Pinus banksiana, family Pinaceae
- The forests include such conifers as red spruce, black spruce, white spruce, balsam fir, red pine, jack pine, eastern white pine, tamarack, eastern white cedar, and eastern hemlock.
- Most of the cones produced by jack pine and lodgepole pine look like miniature hand grenades - and are just about as tough.
- We were, after all, making our way through a wilderness of black spruce, jack pine and balsam fir that stretched away on either side of the river for a total of 12,000 kilometres, forming a green mantle around the entire Arctic icecap.
Definition of jack pine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan