A small, hardy North American pine with very short needles, found chiefly in Canada.
- Pinus banksiana, family Pinaceae
More example sentences
- The forests include such conifers as red spruce, black spruce, white spruce, balsam fir, red pine, jack pine, eastern white pine, tamarack, eastern white cedar, and eastern hemlock.
- Most of the cones produced by jack pine and lodgepole pine look like miniature hand grenades - and are just about as tough.
- We were, after all, making our way through a wilderness of black spruce, jack pine and balsam fir that stretched away on either side of the river for a total of 12,000 kilometres, forming a green mantle around the entire Arctic icecap.
Definition of jack pine in:
- The British & World English dictionary