noun (plural same or jackfishes)chiefly North American
- A pike or sauger, especially the northern pike.More example sentences
- You might target the king mackerel, the Gulf's most popular light-tackle species, but the next hit could be from a ling, a jackfish, a bonito, a dorado, a shark, a tuna, a wahoo - or something beyond a kid's wildest dreams.
- We hovered for a while watching the sweepers being herded one way and then another by black grouper, squirrelfish and the occasional swooping jackfish.
- I especially enjoyed feeding my catches from the morning to the 3-4 foot long jackfishes cruising around the pier.
More definitions of jackfishDefinition of jackfish in:
- The British & World English dictionary