1A fast-growing tropical Asian tree related to the breadfruit.
- Artocarpus heterophyllus, family Moraceae
- Red mud paths dissect the vibrant green of paddy fields, the dense foliage of coconut, jackfruit, cashew, areca nut and bamboo plantations.
- Coconut palms, jackfruit, mango, orange, lime, and rubber trees, as well as coffee bushes, were cultivated.
- Local art shops sell a range of items, from mass-produced woodcarvings to high-quality, handmade items made by recognized masters in fine-grained ebony, jackfruit or sandalwood.
1.1The very large edible fruit of the jackfruit tree, resembling a breadfruit and important as food in the tropics.
- One of the most intriguing fruits of its kind is the jackfruit, a close relative of the breadfruit, a starchy staple of most Caribbean diet.
- The lunch, which costs Rs.50, commences with seasonal fruits, which include mango, jackfruit, grapes or any of the citrus varieties in the form of shake, chutney or salad.
- However, she warned diabetics to be wary of fruits with moderate calorific values such as mango, pomegranate and jackfruit, and high calorie fruits such as dates and grapes.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of jackfruit in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.