nounUS • informal
- An incompetent, unskillful, or dishonest person: [as modifier]: a jackleg carpenterMore example sentences
- Part of me thinks what he does here's extremely cool and part of me thinks he looks and sounds like a complete jackleg.
- A climber is not top notch until s/he is in control of the tree and in control of themselves at all times. Until then, they're jacklegs, and poison to any but the most desperate.
- Fire all the staff, sell the place to a new owner (because he's a jackleg too), and learn how to make beer and then you might be able to call yourself a good brewpub.
More definitions of jacklegDefinition of jackleg in:
- The British & World English dictionary