Definition of jailbreak in English:
An escape from jail.
- On May 28th, the Fairfax County jail experienced its first jailbreak.
- There had been a jailbreak from Alcatraz, the white dots were police boats, and someone was shooting at someone else, shots obviously fired in anger.
- There have been similar jailbreaks from military detention in the past.
verb[with object] Computing Back to top
Modify (a smartphone or other electronic device) to remove restrictions imposed by the manufacturer or operator, e.g. to allow the installation of unauthorized software: in order to use these programs, iPhone owners have to jailbreak their device
More example sentences
- Everything will work fine, but unfortunately your phone will be stuck in restore mode until you jailbreak it, which is what we're doing next.
- If you have 1.1.1, you'll have to jailbreak first, then transfer it on manually.
- I still have an old iPod touch that I jailbreak for testing purposes.
Words that rhyme with jailbreakcanebrake • windbreak
Definition of jailbreak in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.