Definition of jamboree in English:
1A large celebration or party, typically a lavish and boisterous one: the film industry’s annual jamboree in Cannes
More example sentences
- The party is planning a year-long jamboree to celebrate the 250th anniversary of the birth of Scotland's national poet - and boost Scottish tourism at the same time.
- The diversity of Texas is apparent every month through its colorful festivals, jamborees, cook-offs and celebrations.
- The symbol of regional pride will be hoisted in the city at 7.05 am as thousands of Yorkshire-lovers take part in a countywide jamboree to celebrate the region's qualities.
1.1A large rally of Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts.
- The 26 acres bring in extra revenue by hosting large events such as Scout jamborees, caravan rallies and game fairs.
- Bernard Clark, Southend district scout commissioner, confirmed five scouts from the Southend district joined the jamboree and one scout leader had been expected to visit the Philippines.
- The Bulgaria Scout Association - which is also celebrating its 80th anniversary this year - has arranged an exhibition of photographs from scout gatherings and jamborees.
Mid 19th century (originally US slang): of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with jamboreeabsentee, açai, addressee, adoptee, agree, allottee, amputee, appellee, appointee, appraisee, après-ski, assignee, asylee, attendee, bailee, bain-marie, Bangui, bargee, bawbee, be, Bea, bee, bootee, bouquet garni, bourgeoisie, Brie, BSc, buckshee, Capri, cc, chimpanzee, cohabitee, conferee, consignee, consultee, Cree, debauchee, decree, dedicatee, Dee, degree, deportee, dernier cri, detainee, devisee, devotee, divorcee, draftee, dree, Dundee, dungaree, eau-de-vie, emcee, employee, endorsee, en famille, ennui, enrollee, escapee, esprit, evacuee, examinee, expellee, fee, fiddle-de-dee, flea, flee, fleur-de-lis, foresee, franchisee, free, fusee (US fuzee), Gardaí, garnishee, gee, ghee, glee, goatee, grandee, Grand Prix, grantee, Guarani, guarantee, he, HMRC, indictee, inductee, internee, interviewee, invitee, Jaycee, jeu d'esprit, key, knee, Lea, lee, legatee, Leigh, lessee, Ley, licensee, loanee, lychee, manatee, Manichee, maquis, Marie, marquee, me, Midi, mortgagee, MSc, nominee, obligee, Otomi, parolee, Parsee, parti pris, patentee, Pawnee, payee, pea, pee, permittee, plc, plea, pledgee, pollee, presentee, promisee, quay, ratatouille, referee, refugee, releasee, repartee, retiree, returnee, rupee, scot-free, scree, sea, secondee, see, settee, Shanxi, Shawnee, shchi, she, shea, si, sirree, ski, spree, standee, suttee, tant pis, tea, tee, tee-hee, Tennessee, testee, the, thee, three, thuggee, Tiree, Torquay, trainee, Tralee, transferee, tree, Trincomalee, trustee, tutee, twee, Twi, undersea, vestee, vis-à-vis, wagon-lit, Waikiki, warrantee, we, wee, whee, whoopee, ye, yippee, Zuider Zee
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.