noun (plural same or jellyfishes)
- 1A free-swimming marine coelenterate with a jellylike bell- or saucer-shaped body that is typically transparent and has stinging tentacles around the edge.
More example sentences
- Classes Scyphozoa and Cubozoa
- Like jellyfish, Medusa can sting an enemy with its tentacles.
- Man-eating saltwater crocodiles lurk in nearby estuaries along with the deadly box jellyfish, the most poisonous creature on earth.
- If you should get stung by a box jellyfish, you won't get off lightly.
- 2 • informal A feeble or weak-willed person.More example sentences
- It's a tragedy regardless of how it happened and people like you who lecture after an accident are the lowest form of weak willed spineless jellyfish.
- I suppose you have no qualms about being spineless jellyfish - so long as you win elections - right?
- Frankie was a spineless jellyfish that didn't deserve to make money from Tan.
More definitions of jellyfishDefinition of jellyfish in:
- The British & World English dictionary