- 1A female donkey.More example sentences
- For example, a single female donkey (or jennet in technical terms) can be used for sheep or goat protection.
- A female donkey mated with a male horse creates a hinny or jennet.
- Once the jennet is introduced into a sheep/goat herd it undergoes a bonding stage.
- 2 (also genet) A kind of small Spanish horse.More example sentences
- We've got spotted hyena, cheetah, some of the smaller carnivores, jennets and things like that.
- The two cousins and their jennet symbolically parallel the uneasy relations between colonial tourist and colonized native.
- Meanwhile, in Rome, on ‘a bright winter's day the [victorious] Mercantorio Colonna entered the city on a white jennet.’
late Middle English: via French from Spanish jinete 'light horseman', from Spanish Arabic Zenāta, the name of a Berber people famous for horsemanship.
More definitions of jennetDefinition of jennet in:
- The British & World English dictionary