- A desert-dwelling rodent with very long hind legs that enable it to walk upright and perform long jumps, found from North Africa to central Asia.
More example sentences
- Family Dipodidae: several genera and species, including the rough-legged (or northern three-toed) jerboa (Dipus sagitta)
- The family Dipodidae includes the birch mice, jumping mice, and jerboas, a total of around 51 species in 15 genera.
- In early 1940 the division took as its emblem the jerboa or desert rat.
- Macalister says that the muscle is especially developed in leaping animals such as the kangaroo, jerboa, macrocelides.
mid 17th century: modern Latin, from Arabic yarbū‘.
More definitions of jerboaDefinition of jerboa in:
- The British & World English dictionary