Definition of jet ski in English:
A small, jet-propelled vehicle that skims across the surface of water and typically is ridden like a motorcycle.
- We continued to try and get Brendan out of the water and onto the jet ski to get him back to the boat ramp, but he continued to slip.
- Both representatives attended the Pattaya Marathon 2003 and took some time off to ride on a jet ski with the mayor.
- The adrenaline junkie donned a parachute, laid his hands on a high-powered jet ski and prepared to ride it off Niagara Falls.
verb(jet-ski) [no object] (often as noun jet-skiing) Back to top
Ride on a jet ski.
- Lara jet-skis, horseback rides and motorcycles her way through Hong Kong, Kenya, Wales, Greece and Africa.
- So they said goodbye after breakfast and parasailed, kneeboarded and jet-skied before coming back desperate for supper and bed.
- Some people on vacation jet-ski their way into broken legs.
- 1jet-skier noun
- Example sentences
- The Blue Lagoon is on private land and is used, with permission of the owner, by jet-skiers and scuba divers.
- The other incident involved a jet-skier who had got into difficulties and we would urge people to take extra care when using these machines.
- His body was recovered last Saturday by police divers 200 metres upstream from Clifton Bridge, after it was spotted by a passing jet-skier.
Definition of jet ski in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.