Definition of jetty in English:
noun (plural jetties)
1A landing stage or small pier at which boats can dock or be moored.
- The tender runs from the first row of old wooden jetties.
- The wooden jetty which jutted out into the waters was long, but the Lake seemed to dwarf it effortlessly.
- History has it that Swami Vivekananda had reached the boat jetty on December 3, 1892.
1.1A breakwater constructed to protect or defend a harbor, stretch of coast, or riverbank.
- During migration and winter, they inhabit rocky coasts, reefs, jetties, and breakwaters.
- A significant on-farm innovation has been the installation of jetties on the riverbanks by Braum's own construction crews.
- ‘All the old timber jetties along the coast over time reach the end of their lives,’ Mr Flottmann said.