noun (plural same or jewelfishes)
- A scarlet and green tropical freshwater cichlid.
More example sentences
- Hemichromis bimaculatus, family Cichlidae
- Several cichlid genera are popular aquarium fishes - Cichlasoma, Pterophyllum, Symphysodon, and jewelfishes - because of their mild temperament and ease of breeding in captivity.
- Examples include the oscar, Jack Dempsey, jewelfish, convict cichlid, Midas cichlid, and spotted tilapia.
More definitions of jewelfishDefinition of jewelfish in:
- The British & World English dictionary